JSW Steel Piombino (part of JSW Steel Italy/JSW Group) is an iron and steel company which bought Lucchini plant located in Piombino (Italy). Lucchini has been for long time one of the most important manufacturers in Europe, leader in the production of long steel products for high quality and special steels.
With the acquisition of Piombino Plant, JSW Group got all the brands and know how developed in over 100 years of steel history. JSW Steel Piombino's activity involves the production of a wide range of quality and special steels, with different shapes and sizes for Rails, Wire Rod and Bars. They are destined to different sectors: Railway, Automotive, Earth Moving Vehicles, Energy, Fastening, Springs, Welding.
JSW Steel Italy controls the companies JSW Steel Piombino, GSI Lucchini and Piombino Logistics. It is part of the JSW Group: Indian steel leader, also present in Europe and America, active in the steel, energy, infrastructure, ventures and cement businesses. The JSW Group is also active in the life of people with the JSW Foundation, sustainability projects and sports.
Over 100 years History
- In 1865 it was constructed the first metallurgical plant in Piombino "Officine Perseveranza", equipped with the first Bessemer converter in Italy.
- In 1908 the largest industrial complex already represented the first Italian plant at full cycle for steel making.
- Since the beginning, Piombino plant (formerly Lucchini) has remained committed to the steelmaking and has overcome many challenges in Both processing and new market developments.
- In the Seventies and Eighties, Piombino plant had widened its product range, investing in R&D sector and developing its internationalization processes.
- In 2018 the JSW Group acquired Piombino Plant.